Wednesday 15 February 2012

5 Daily Smilies (3)

Hey hey. Okay before I begin my blog I was given a quiz thing to do for a fundraiser. It has clues which correspond to a type of bird. It's to raise money for a church so I don't think the bird species should be too difficult or tricky. I have one left that I'm stuck with and the clue is 'Flags'. That's it. Some of the others that I have filled in are: Baked in a pie - Blackbird and Royal Angler - Kingfisher. Hope that gives you an idea! Please help. I know that it's cheating, but if I win the prize I'm going to give half of it to an animal charity! Haha. :p

Okay so Smilie time....

Smilie 1 - After watching some brutal footage of CCTV recorded in slaughterhouses across the UK I am now more determined than ever to try go vegan. I am reading a lot about it cause I know I can't just change overnight.

Smilie 2 - Also for the reasons in Smilie 1 I am switching to soy milk. I think it's absolutely disgusting that the public are not made more awareabout what can go on behind closed doors in dairy farms. Until I find out for definite where my milk comes from I do not want any part in the sick cycle of milk production. I will be writing a blog on this topic soon.

Smilie 3 - Please please take the time to sign the petition to ban tiger trade in China. To see such a beautiful, endangered animal exploited in such a way gets me so angry I actually feel my heart pounding. On the 13th of March TigerTime will be presenting the petition to the Chinese Embassy in London. They need 100,000 signatures and so far they need another 38,000. Please sign, retweet, Facebook, ambush people on the streets.....anything to help them make their target. Click here


Smilie 4 - Have read at this article here and let me know what you think. I really do think seals need our protection. I also think it's outrageous that they can put 'dolphin friendly' on tins of tuna and salmon creating this image of an environmentally friendly company and yet through the fishing process they kill other mammals. And please remember that just because tins of fish say they are 'dolphin friendly' that doesn't mean that turtles, sharks, skates and other marine life escaped the nets unharmed. 

Smilie 5 - Re-use bottles of water. Constantly. Save money and save resources. Win win. I try and drink 2 litres a day. :)

Heatherbelle

No comments:

Post a Comment